Sunday, March 2, 2014

Breaking News : It's Sooooooooooooo cold



One Week Ago : As I tune in to the seven day weather forecast on my local news channel and look at the temperate over the next week I know it's coming.......  "The Cold Complainers"

If you have a look on Twitter on any of the Canadian airport codes (#YYC, #YYZ, #YEG ect) you will see a constant flood of people whining and complaining about the cold weather and how much they hate living here.

Well BREAKING NEWS we live in Canada, we live in a place where some days the wind hurts our faces.
I guess maybe this post makes me a bit of a hypocrite for complaining about people complaining but I think we're getting weak in this country.

Growing up in Newfoundland I used to love getting "Snow Days" but now if we get anything more than a forecasted 20-30cms of snow it's called "Snowmageddon" or "Snowpocalypse" and Twitter & Facebook explodes with photos of Snow dooms day across the country.

Now don't get me wrong some of the "It's So Cold........." Tweets are pretty entertaining but most people act as if the Zombie Apocalypse is happening outside.  Here are some of my favourites I found in the last 24 hours on Twitter

"It's so cold in #YYC Alison Redford has her hands in her own pockets"
"It's so cold outside the prostitutes on 4th Ave are selling hand warmers"
"It's so cold outside that members of Calgary City Council can't even get in a heated argument"
"It's colder than both my ex wives combined out there"
"It is so cold that when I walk out the door it's like automatic botox."
"It's so cold that flasher in the SW was seen describing himself to women"\
"I blame Canada for this cold weather we're getting, can't we weatherstrip the borders?"


AND The winner is : 
"Its so cold that I "keyed" the side of my car with my nipples while clearing the windshield"

Honestly though this post is all in good fun, people will complain and people will complain about those who complain to much but hey no matter what the temperature is we still live in the greatest country in the world and remember

#WEAREWINTER

right?






No comments:

Post a Comment